What can a hero do for a native creature in distress?
Discover why our wildlife is in trouble and how you can help. Meet the people who rescue and care for sick and injured native animals, then release them back to their homes.
This educational and interactive event is for people of all ages who want to make a difference:
- Learn the basics of animal rescue and rehabilitation
- Meet some feathered, furry and scaly local wildlife
- Make warm, soft pouches for orphaned joeys and personalise with a special message
- Sew blankets for the babies in Bats Qld’s batty creche
- Play and dress-up as the wildlife hospital rescue team, saving your own plush patients
- Join a beach clean to prevent plastic waste from entering the ocean and harming marine life
- Discover how to live a more plastic-free life
- Support local wildlife rescue organisations by purchasing gifts and sustainable products from the Wildlife Heroes pop-up shop.
Information and advice will also be available for families keen to join local wildlife groups and become wildlife carers.